WHAT WE DO: We millions of users to research and evaluate the right software solutions and services for their organizations. As part of our comprehensive directory of products and services, we provide verified user reviews, original research
OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES: While using our Sites and Services, and as part of the normal course of business, we may collect personal information ("Information") about you. We want you to understand how we use the information we collect, and that you share with us, and how you may protect your privacy while using our Sites.
YOUR CONSENT: When you provide your Information to us, you consent to the collection, storage and use of your Information by us, our Affiliates and third parties in accordance with the terms set out in this Policy. "Affiliate" is any legal entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with Gartner (our parent company).
- What information we collect from you and why we collect it.
- Cookies and other web technologies.
- How we use your Information.
- With whom we share your Information.
- How you may access your Information.
- Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your Information.
- How we safeguard your Information.
- Children’s privacy.
- Visiting our Sites from outside the United States.
- Your California privacy rights.
- Changes to this Privacy Notice.
- How you may contact us.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU AND WHY:
TYPES OF INFORMATION: To enable visitors to take advantage of our services, we collect certain types of Information from both software vendors and software buyers, such as during registration or when submitting a review. This Information may include your first and last name, job title, telephone number, postal/email addresses, billing information and social media profile information (including photo). We receive, store and share this Information with our Sites and Affiliates across the Gartner organization.
LEGITIMATE PURPOSE: We collect this Information to support our legitimate interests in conducting our business: (i) to operate our programs; (ii) to fulfill your requests; (iii) to administer services on behalf of our software vendors under contract with us; and (iv) to respond to your questions, concerns, or customer service inquiries. We retain this Information only for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected.
REVIEWS & CONTENT: If you post reviews or participate in discussion forums or other social areas of our Sites, your participation (including the content you post, your name, and a link to your profile) may be shared with our Sites and Affiliates across the Gartner organization.
SOCIAL MEDIA: If you connect to our Sites through
If you log on to our Sites through your social media account, we will receive, where possible:
- Your profile Information and will automatically populate your profile on our Sites with your name, job title, company name, profile photo, industry and company size (Note: you may request that this Information not
beshown publicly on our Sites).
- Access to your connections /network to show you reviews written by your connections (Note: we will not access your connections’ contact information or send messages to your connections).
THIRD PARTIES: We may also obtain Information about you from our Affiliates, business partners
COOKIES: We automatically collect some information about your computer activity when you visit our Sites to help us customize your user experience. We will collect session data, including the time at which you visited our Sites, your IP address, web browser software, referring website and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies. We will also collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed, pages visited and keywords searched.
The technologies we use for this automatic information collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Flash Cookies are
localstored objects used by certain features of our Sites to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Sites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Web Beacons are small electronic files (clear gifs, pixel tags
andsingle-pixel gifs), which may be used by parts of our Sites to track the number of users who have visited those pages and other related website statistics (e.g., verification of system and server integrity).
We use these Web Technologies for the following general purposes:
- To help us customize your user experience on our Sites and on other websites across the Internet. (e.g., when you access a web page on our Sites, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate the Internet and to present you with information we believe may be of interest.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of Site features and offerings and advertisements (e.g., we work with third-party service providers to collect data about your use of the Sites for purposes of conversion tracking and serving ads targeted to your interests as you visit other websites across the Internet).
You may opt out of any of the above-referenced uses through the Do Not Track functionality in your web browser. Some browsers offer similar settings for HTML5 local storage, and Flash storage can be managed here. Please note, however, that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access some of the benefits offered on our Sites.
We do not control these third party tracking technologies. If you have any questions, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION TO SUPPORT OUR BUSINESS
We use the Information you share and we collect about you primarily for the legitimate interest of administering our business; (i) for registration and to manage your profiles and listings, including to facilitate your access to and use of our Sites; (ii) to enable us to publish your reviews and other submitted content; (iii) to respond to your questions and requests and otherwise customize your digital markets experience; (iv) to measure interest in and improve our products and services; (v) to notify you about special offers available from us, our Affiliates or Partners, which may be of interest to you; (vi) to resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems; (vii) to prevent prohibited or illegal activities and disclose to legal or government authorities upon lawful request; (viii) to enforce our policies; and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may, in administering our Sites and Services to provide you the best possible online experience, share your Information with our Affiliates and with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors who help us administer our Sites and Services may access and collect Information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the Information for any other purpose (e.g., marketing, customer service, business analytics, payment processing).
- Software vendors. As part of our lead generation program, software buyers consent to allow us to share their Information with software vendors participating in the program who meet their business needs.
- Social Media Services. If you opt to access social media websites and services through our Sites (such as LinkedIn), you are sharing your Information with those sites under their privacy policies.
- Legal Process. We will share your Information in response to court orders and legal process; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law; when we believe it is necessary to investigate and prevent or protect and defend our rights, property, or safety as well as those of our customers; or in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, investment, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We will notify you before we share your Information with third parties for reasons other than those listed above, and you will have an opportunity to opt out of such sharing. We also may share aggregate or anonymous information about you (which does not contain any personal information) to develop content and services and further improve your digital markets experience.
HOW YOU MAY ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
While we generally retain Information for so long as it may be relevant to the purpose for which it was collected or submitted, we also may retain certain Information associated with your account in our archives for analytical, archival and business continuity purposes.
Individuals in the European Union and some other jurisdictions outside the United States, in addition to the rights above, have certain legal rights (i) to obtain confirmation of whether we hold Information about them, (ii) to access the Information we hold about them (including, in some cases, in portable form), and (iii) to correct, update, amend or delete in appropriate circumstances such Information. These data subjects may also object to our uses or disclosures of their Information or exercise legal rights to withdraw their consent, though such actions typically will not have retroactive effect. They may also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant EU data protection supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first, and we will do our very best to resolve your concern.
To exercise these rights, please contact us via the contact information at end of this Privacy Notice.
YOUR CHOICES WITH RESPECT TO THE COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You have choices with regard to how your Information is collected and used.
- Informed Consent. We will always inform you at the point of collection as to how your Information will be used so that you can make an informed decision. You may choose not to provide us with any Information about yourself and your preferences, although it may be needed to customize and get the most value from your digital markets experience.
- Unsubscribe. While data privacy laws permit us to send you communications related to administration of your services without including an unsubscribe option (e.g., service announcements and messages relating to your account), we will, where legally required, provide both registered and unregistered users with an option to unsubscribe from our non-administrative emails, such as our promotional and marketing communications,.
- Access and Review. As described above, you may access, review, correct, update and delete the Information we hold about you as described above.
- Set Preferences. Also as described above, you may set your browser to refuse all or some browser
HOW WE SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION
We are committed to safeguarding the Information you share with us. While we, like any website provider, cannot guarantee your security on the internet, we have, in accordance with applicable law, implemented appropriate administrative, technical and physical security controls to help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and ensure proper and effective use of the data we collect.
In addition, only authorized employees are permitted to access Information, and only for permitted business functions. And we use encryption when transmitting your Information between your system and ours, and we, together with our Partners and
In the end, you are responsible for activity on our Sites conducted with your credentials and for maintaining the secrecy of credentials that may be used to access your Account or Service; and you must immediately report to us, per the contact information at the end of this Policy, any suspected unauthorized activity.
SITE VISITORS FROM OUTSIDE THE US
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of their Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us via the contact information at the end of this Policy.
PLEASE DONT HESITATE TO CONTACT US